Join the Team
Public Relations/Social Media Intern
About the role:
Connected Communications is seeking a public relations and social media intern to join our growing team. In this role, you will have access to a full-scale public relations internship where you will learn directly from some of the industry’s leading professionals. Through first-hand experience, interns will have the opportunity to work with our nationally and locally renowned clients to gain insight on public relations and social media operations.
• Compiling media research, coverage and reporting.
• Creating media lists.
• Learning public relations writing, pitches, press releases, plans and more.
• Building relationships with media, creators and clients.
• Creating social media content via graphics, reels, videos and photos.
• Discover creative initiatives to drive engagement.
• Manage social media accounts and engagement daily.
• Brainstorming creative strategies, pitch angles, client content and more.
• Attending/staffing client events, general office help and other activities.
• Passionate about helping clients achieve brand identity, establish a reputable reputation within the community and tell their story through social media marketing and media relations.
• Knowledge of AP Style.
• Able to multitask, meet deadlines and goal oriented.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm, eagerness to learn and self-motivation while working independently or with a team.
• Pays great attention to detail, excellent communication and writing skills and well organized.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Canva.
• Pursuing a degree in public relations, communications, social media or journalism (preferred, but not required).
Part-time, paid internship
UNLV internship accredited